Monday, July 18, 2011

Writing Memories

So I love to write. It is definitely one of those things that I can and have spent hours doing. I write stories, short ones, and novel length, fiction and real. Today lets talk about the real ones.

A couple of years ago I started writing my history. Stories of my children's births (PG versions), my gardens, family vacations, memories of my childhood, and all that jazz. I cherish each of these stories. I love that they will live on for my great-great-great grandchildren as they zip around in hover cars and visit the moon, they'll read about our road trip to Cali with a carsick four-year-old.  :)

Why did I start writing these? It all stats with a book, as most great things do, called "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. Read it, I loved it, you will too. (remember Reading Rainbow?)   :) Click here to go to the Goodreads page.

She had this part about being a treasure house of memories and I adore that idea. My idea was to create a mini journal focusing on the little cute and crazy things my kids do and say. I don't want to forget all those little things that really make up our day to day life.

That's just one of the things I do to write in a different way and to stretch myself. Want do you do in writing or memory keeping?

No comments: