Thursday, July 14, 2011

Obsessed

So I am way behind on this one, but have you heard of the website Pinterest?
     Well I discovered it about a month ago and I think it's safe to say I am obsessed. I love to look through the pictures and click through the links. There is so much out there that I don't have time to find for myself, and someone else finding it for me is beautiful. Okay most of it I wasn't actually looking for, but now that I know it's out there. . .
So what is Pinterest? On the site it says "A place to catalogue the things you love." And I'll tell you, there are a lot of things people love. You can spend hours on there, if you aren't careful. My favorite tabs are Art + Architecture, Travel, Food + Drink, Design, and Home + Furniture. That sounds like a lot but there are plenty of other categories. Here are some of the things/ ideas I get from scrolling those pages:
Bacon cup salad. How have I never thought of this? Brilliant!   :)
Old door turned into a headboard. This may be child 2's headboard soon. What a great idea.

I love quotes. A lot. This one is so sweet.

This is a easy sew dress. I followed the link and learned how to make it. But that's a post for another day.
Inspiration for the garden. Wouldn't a path like that be lovely?

And Last:

An easy craft to do with the kiddos, and look at that. It's a book mark! ooh, let's go read. :)

FYI: there are sometimes risque pics posted on the site, be aware.

Could I have lived without Pinterest? Yes. But I love all the ideas it's given me. I have folders of places my characters should go, photos of what they might look like. Things that I can do and places I want to see with my family. Lesser known waterfalls to hike to, and food to try out.  I like trying new things and this is just one way to learn what's out there.
So, what sites do you like? What makes you want to go back and see what's new?

2 comments:

Donna K. Weaver said...

Oh, you made me tear up with that quote about hearing mom's heart from the inside.

I'm so going to use that picture!

Lynnea (LaLa) said...

You now have me addicted to Pinterest!!