Saturday, May 28, 2011

Play it again Jonny...

       So, I am totally that person that listens to a song over and over and over and I don't get sick of it. And my current favorite is: Rolling In The Deep by Adele. You can click HERE to see the video (which is playing right now as I write this.) Give it a listen and just try and say it's not AmAziNG!
   
   Love her voice, love the video (architecture of the shoot site included.) But beyond that it is an inspiring song for me right now. I could build a whole series around this song. Love it, Love it!!

 Well, that got me thinking. What songs inspire you? Pictures? Memories? Where do you go or what do you do that gets you over/around that massive writers block?

3 comments:

Canda said...

My favorite procrastination is to start reading blogs and following the links. Love the moldings and the sword dancer!

Donna K. Weaver said...

Cool video. All I could think was that I hope the dancer has a face mask on to keep out the stuff in the air. =D

James C Duckett said...

Two things inspire me:

1) Writing conferences get me fired up. To a minor point, things like David Farland's (semi-) daily kick in the pants and blogs help get the energies rekindled.

2) Endurance Exercise. For me, the only way to avoid counting steps or how often I'm peddling is to think about life, and usually that has me thinking of what I want to write. Sometimes it is just nice to be left alone with my thoughts and get away from stimulation/distractions like TV and Internet.