Friday, January 27, 2012

New Desk


So my writing style has been cramped these last few days/weeks. I have been using a hand-me-down desk and it's gradually breaking. First it was the drawer underneath the top( usually holds the keyboard) but since I only use a lap top, it's ok to be gone. then a piece of the side drawer broke off but the pencils, pens, rulers, batteries didn't fall out so...still good-right. Now the drawer slides have broken completely off and the top drawer sits on the lower and they slide together. If I'm not careful when I open and close it the top drawer can fall off the back and I'm sitting under the desk picking up everything.

I want a new desk, and lucky for me, I actually kinda need one now. SO I have been looking over my options. I want something stylish but it has to be functional. I have a bunch of magazines, notebooks, and handouts etc.. that I like to have close by while I blog or work on books. I also really like office supplies and have quite a collection of pens, markers, a couple staplers, and note cards/sticky pads etc... so there needs to be plenty of drawer space.

I've looked though some internet ideas, what do you think? What do you use?

#1
#2
#3

3 comments:

Lynnea (LaLa) said...

Ok, I am having a hard time choosing between 1 and 2. You know what we should do...... We should go look at ikea!! I know you like the idea :-)

Cathy said...

It depends on the style of your house and where you are going to put it. I really like ikea. Be warned though, my desk is a white one similar to # 3 and the top has little nicks after 2 or so years. Not that it would be that expensive to replace ( a whopping $20.00, I think) or I could just paint the little chipped spots. Ikea isn't the sturdiest most long lasting stuff, but it sure is affordable.

Hayley N. Jones said...

I'm in love with the second one... I love the name of your blog, by the way. :-)