Friday, August 30, 2013

Stroopwafels

I have an addiction to all waffles. I love them in the morning and in the afternoon (but yes, seriously), I love them in the evening--often with chicken! While out shopping, a few months ago I found these cookies. They are a chewy-caramel-waffle cookie that my whole family considers a special treat. The whole package of  them can be consumed in the blink of an eye, and everyone wants more.
Interestingly enough, to me, I went to school with the founders of this particular cookie brand, here's their story: 

EatDutchWaffles.com was founded by Joost Kling in the Netherlands in a little town called Noordwijk, situated off the coast of the North Sea and only twenty miles away from Amsterdam.

Joost first traveled to the United States as an exchange student and always thought Americans would fall in love with this native stroopwafels. He was right. After establishing relationships with the top stroopwafel bakeries, he expanded his business to the United States with friends and business partners in Utah where in studied years earlier as an exchange student.

Cool right? All the better for me to continue my cookie addiction as it is in support of fellow alumni. If you don't have a grocery store nearby that carries these delightful gems, you can go to the Eat Dutch Waffles website and order some to be sent to your door! Isn't the internet grand? Waffle cookies to your door! :)


I was not contacted by this company to endorse their product. This post is simply the opinion of the blogger.

No comments: